Thursday, October 26, 2017

Spooky Cat Center Step Card with flying Bats


This is a variation on the Center Step Card by Kelly Acheson - how to on her blog http://astampabove.typepad.com/my-blog/2017/09/feature-friday-center-step-fun-fold-video.html
The spooky night DSP was designed to get multiple pieces out of one sheet which I think was brilliant - perfect for workshops.

Take 8 1/2x 5 1/2 inch sheet of Pumpkin Pie and cut slits 1" from bothsides from 2 1/4 to 7 1/4 then turn sideways then score on the long side at 4-1/4 across the whole card - then score the following just between the side slits at 2 1/4, 5-1/4, 6-1/4 & 7-1/4.  I used a ruler with the scoring tool so I could tell where I was scoring (between the slits)  as shown on the left.

I stamped the owl in basic grey, beak and toes in pumpkin and the eyes in black.
 I attached 3/4 inch x 4" strips of DSP on the side panela.  (I cut 4 inch strip horizontally and cut 3/4 inch strips for multiple cards. )  I stamped the hat in black onto the base card - so I can see the spider and web without having to cut it out, then stamped another hat on a pumpkin pie scrap and cut it out and mounted it on top.  Punch the cat in basic black and a piece of Very vanilla with  the Everyday Label punch , stamped the "happy OWL oween" on it and cut off the bottom to make it look like a tombstone- I think that was my coolest idea for this card.  It was still a bit flat and I wanted some bats flying around. All the ones I had were too small  so I used my old Martha Stewart Bat punch from eons ago, stuck it on little clear plastic strips I cut out from packaging (you need something with some stiffness to hold the bats up) and used glue dots to attach them to the card as shown.  It was so much fun to make this card.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and love it. I look forward to seeing more of your delightful creations.