Tuesday, May 2, 2017

My Recollections Mermaid


I can't help myself.  Every time I see a mermaid stamp I have to have it.  This mermaid was one I found at Michaels from Recollections.  It even came with a matching die for the body and tail separate. It is such a tight die that there is no white halo around it which I absolutely LOVE!  I had this card in my head and been collecting this and that for it. Basecard is Emerald Envy.  A layer of Pool Party on top stenciled with TCW Mini Kelp Forest with Pool Party inkpad and sponge dauber.  The ornate oval die I bought at a used stampsale - it's from Simply Refined- Home together flourish frame die.  Bought it for $8 and I thought it looked undersea-like with all the waves in it.  The seaweed and the little shells die are from  Taylored Expressions and the turtles are from Memorybox. I used Pearl Paper for the turtles and curry and pink pirouette and coral for the shells.  I used shimmer paper for the tail part and chocolate chip for the body and inked the body with retired alcohol ink in flesh.  the sequins and pearl are from Stampin' Up Sprinkles embellishments  and I used Clear Wink of Stella on the hair and tail to add a shimmer (although hard to see).   It is such a pretty little card.  Stampin' Up has a new mermaid stampset so you know I will have to get it.....

No comments: