Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Picture Perfect Botanical Garden

This was one of the projects at my last month's workshop.  The hardest part was the hummingbird- I had to do it several times before I got the jist of it- definitely a learning curve with it- although my friend Makani got it the first time perfect- she is an amazing stamper!  The base is blackberry bliss with a layer of Hello Honey.  Stamped the Hardwood background using versamark to get that subtle watercolor look.  Hello Honey was way to strong when I stamped it straight so if you use it definitely stamp off first.

Diecut the whisper white with the leaves- make sure you have the orientation right on that one.  Stamp the
sentiment before you mount it just in case.
Used the Botanical Gardens suite to diecut all the little flowers again and mounted them using dimensionals  and Multipurpose glue and put the jewel crystals in the center.

The hummingbird is stamped first with stamped off Pear Pizazz with #1 stamp, full strength Pear Pizazz with #2 stamp and the Blackberry bliss with #3 stamp.  Then use Melon Mambo for the collar stamp.  You do have to fussy cut the bird but it does not take long- took me less than a minute to cut it out and you know how I hate cutting with scissors!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful and creative! :)