Monday, May 19, 2014

Watercolor Peaceful Petals

 A very simple looking card but it took a little doing. I had the card in my head but the watercolor part took a little more time than I anticipated.  The base card is whisper white textured with Honeycomb embossing folder.  I then took another piece of whisper white and diecut it with the On Film framelit - my totally favorite tool for the moment!-   then layered a piece of Strawberry Slush behind it about an 1/8" larger then the diecut on 2 sides to add just a touch of color.  

I then took a piece of Shimmery White a tad
smaller than 31/2 square (which makes it perfect for the opening without hanging over)  and used versamark to stamp the images from Peaceful Petals stampset (in Occasions Catalogue Pg 20) after using embossing buddy to get all the static off. After stamping , I used white but you could also use clear embossing powder to set the image.  I then used the Aqua Painter to put a thin and I mean THIN! layer of water all over the heat embossed Shimmery white paper then used dabs of Strawberry Slush, Melon Mambo, Pistaschio Pudding and Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight ink refills on a plate to get the watercolor effect.  I suggest you start with the lightest colors such as the daffodil  then slowly then the blues, and greens in a very diluted way then add the pinks , then more concentrated colors where you want it.  The embossed lines should keep the colors within the area you want.  I love how this looks very much like some of the asian print fabrics.  I left the area on the bottom blank on purpose so I could add a sentiment later but I think it is a very pretty general card you can use for anything!
Enjoy.
Lynda

No comments: