Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter! Purse handle basket


Ah, what to do with all those purse handles left over from the bunny purses I made for Easter treats?  I was playing and thinking about making a trellis , a background for a oval cutout, but I thought, hey, I need to make a Easter basket and it was perfect for it.
I make the basket by weaving the handles, tucked the ends over and put a strip on top and bottom to finish the edges and added the ruffle ribbon in brown sugar to "line the basket".  I used the Small Oval punch with white, daffodil delight, pool party, pumpkin pie, Pistachio pudding and Gold to make the eggs and used dimensionals to pop them out.  The base card is soft sky with grass made from strips of Pistaschio Pudding cut with Fringe Scissors layered- the top layer is attached with dimensionals as well.
The hello is from A Dozen thoughts stampset, punched out with  Deorative Label punch  twice to make it smaller -tied with Calypso Coral Bakers twine.  I put a left over strip to make a handle but left it  unattached at the top to make it more 3D and it works- although I probably can't mail it...
And the bottom picture was our Easter Sunday dessert - It was a gorgeous chocolate cake and yummy to boot!   Happy Easter to you all!  Celebrate Life.
Lynda

No comments: