Sunday, February 9, 2014

Quick bithday Money Holder

 My kids don't want gifts from us old fogies any more- they would rather have gift card or even better CASH.  It lets them spend their gift wherever they want it.  Same goes for their friends I guess but I really prefer to put SOME thought into the gift they receive so if I can't choose some gift for them then at least I can put some thought into the package they are going to get the money in.

This is the little folded envelope I have been using for a long time. 
I do love using the envelope punch board to punch out the little tab in the center of the inside ( a bit hard to see) rather than using a circle punch half way - so much more professional.

The stamp is retired Stampin' Up called Party Hearty that I just love and could not part with- anything that coordinates with their punches I try to keep!    The base card is real red with pacific point under a non- SU star paper.  The present is stamped in real red and punched out with circle punch and mounted with a dimensional.

This is what the inside looked like- there is pocket  at the top. I added an arrow of DSP (retired SU) and lettered for the name of my kid's friend cut with electronic cutter using pacific point again.  I added a little velcro closure to keep it closed for a really simple money envie which makes I hope the cash a little more persona..   Gish, kids these days.........


No comments: