Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! A pop up turkey for you!

 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  I have a lot to be thankful for this year.  My family's good health, everyone has a job, my home renovation is almost completed, my mother in law is cooking Thanksgiving and all I have to do I bring the ice cream and the screaming hoard of hungy kids- check!

This is a little thanksgiving card I made as a thank you to my customers this month. The base card is white with a layer of chocolate chip  embossed with Woodgrain on top and with a layer or Burlap ribbon, cut in half lengthwise and the strands teased to create a fringe.   The acorn from Truly Grateful in chocolate chip then used the blender pen to smudge the ink a bit. punched with 1 1/4 inch circle punch and the tangerine CS with 1 3/8 inch circle punch.

I used the whisper white CS diecut with pop and cuts and labels insert die (at the same time as the Sweater Weather DSP for that perfect fit!) to create a pop out.

Thank from Harvest of Thanks stamped in tangerine then rolled around the edge with chocolate chip to create the two tone effect.
 The turkey was inspired by a turkey I saw on pinterest by Julie Davison.- It is diecut with the Deco Labels framelet to match and 1 1/2 inch circle head using chocolate chip CS.  The beak is made from a triangle that I cut from the left over from the piece I cut for the front of the card (after the popncuts cut it)  The tangerine piece by the beak is from a piece I cut out from the 4 sided from the itty bitty punch set.  Eyes from the owl punch.
 The tailfeather are made uing the Gift Bows Bigs L Die as shown on the left with the Sweater weather DSP.  You can cut at least 3 layers at a time. So I took 2 inch strips of 3 different DSP and stacked it in the back to make the turkey. 
The feet are from retired SU punch  using the tangerine CS - cut off the rest of the flowers from the punch shown on the bottom.


No comments: