Thursday, July 11, 2013

Animal Talk Bird in a tree card

I do peruse the catalogue when it comes out front to back then back to front.  Why?  I find that when I reverse the process, I sometimes see details that I miss just flipping the pages as it is laid out for me in order.  Like this Animal Talk set-  The sample in the catalog was intriguing.  It used rather unconventional colors but what caught my eye was their use of the little leaves peaking out to extend the theme of tree and wood.  So I took that idea and embossed wood grain onto 1" strip of Soft Suede cardstock.  Stamped the sentiment below in Cherry Cobbler.  Stamped the image using Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist and soft Suede markers, punched it out using the large oval.  Diecut 2 little leaves in Old Olive and assemble as shown.  I mounted the oval using dimensionals and a pretty easy card that would not be mistaken for a CASE per se but I will call it an IBI card- Inspired By an Idea. This will be one of the cards we will be making at my next party.  I think it is so sweet!

No comments: