Thursday, May 16, 2013

Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay molded flowers



When I saw these on the sneak peek I knew I had to have them. I have been playing with fimo and other clays for years but the molds were not that pretty but these were wow!  I was inspired by a sample from Stampin' Success, a demo only magazine.  The base is a new In-color called Baked Brown Sugar. I embossed it with Needlepoint border folder twice. I laid down a diecut Delicate Doilies that I pierced. I wanted to use DSP but did not have the new gingham paper so I used the new Gingham wheel in Strawberry Slush and I think it is so pretty.
The flowers were SO EASY!  I took the package of paper clay and divided it into chunks and added some refill colors- daffodil , pool party and it is the exact color when it dries.  Start with just a couple of drops and decide how saturated you want it.  I forgot to get Strawberry Slush refill so I used Melon Mambo instead and OMG it was dayglow pink - so fluorescent I could not use it next to the other two.  So I added some real red and it did tone it down a bit.  So heed my warning- try a little sample first to see what you think before you mix the whole batch!  Keep it dry in the sealed bag or tupperware.  You need tiny bits of clay to make the flowers- my son counted 350 out of one bag which is not bad at all.  I put the flowers in the mold into the freezer for 5-7 minutes then you can pop them out without distorting them and then let them dry over night for perfect flowers.  I made gazillion of them while watching a movie- I had a big tray and I would pop them out, put new ones in, put them back in the freezer blah blah blah.   The banner is a new hostess set called Banner Greetings stamped with Coastal Cabana.  Funny but it would not stamp well on the whisper white so I had to use a different white cardstock.  I had heard there was some quality control issues but it was weird.  I stuck the flowers with multimono and oh so pretty!  This was easy enough to make for my make and take this month.  I will be ordering more paper clay to make more of these!

FYI- the paperclay molds come in  a set of two - one with 3 flowers as shown and another with 3 different buttons- available after May 31st- check out my online store for all the new goodies!
Enjoy!
Lynda

No comments: