Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Retiring stamp challenge with Elements of Style and Pursuit of Happiness

I find it easier to answer to a challenge than to come up with a brand spanking card idea myself- this week's sketch and color challenge from splitcoast was a good one for me so I thought I would use it to come up with this card- Elements of Style is one of my favorite sets with this beautiful flower that I love to use for backgrounds- I love to have it cascading down from the top of a card with a little Asian girl below it for example.

The color challenge was for bermuda bay, certainly celery and regal rose. The celery and Regal Rose is retiring and I could not get refill inks before it disappeared sadly-  I used a white basecard and stamped the sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness using Bermuda and Regal Rose markers.  I stamped the image in Memento black and colored it in with celery, pink pirouette and then regal rose markers. It was layered with bermuda bay and then celery.  I stamped another scrap piece of white with the flowers and cut some of them out and added them with dimensionals to add some dimension and a clean and simple card.

Enjoy.
Lynda

No comments: