Monday, January 21, 2013

rain or shine make and take

This was my favorite of the cards I had at my stamping party this month.  I love the Rain or Shine set- although I wish they had a matching framelet or die to go with it.  I thought it would go well with the Cloudy Day embossing and so it does.

For some reason I have been gravitating toward Pool party these last few months.  I don't know what I am going to do when it and Lucky Limeade retires this summer.    Anyhow, I took a white CS and embossed it with cloudy days folder and then layered the Sycamore street DSP from Sale-a-bration (which you can earn for free for any $50 purchase- starts Jan 22, 2013)  I took the color lead from the DSP and tried the raspberry and the other colors but tangerine tango just was the thing- gave a just the right bit of cheeriness the card needed.  Stamp the umbrella in tangerine tango and the stem with crumbcake (tried black and grey and chocolate and they were all too dark and did not look right) and the sentiment in island indigo.  Layered the whole thing in tangerine and a simple card that did not need to have the umbrella cut out!  Looooove It!

No comments: