Tuesday, September 25, 2012

SCS challenge: perfectly preserved vase jar in navy and pacific blue

I have been experimenting with the perfectly preserved set's jar as a vase and I have been just loving it. The splitcoast color challenge this week is Navy Pacific and Sand and thought it would be fun to try it with tthat color combo and I think it works.

Take a base Sahara Sand card.  I polka dot stamped Borderlines (SU retired) for TLC396 and the Chevron from Border Banter (from the holiday catalogue) with versamark then embossed it with white embossing powder.  This was for the sketch challenge CAS189.  Stamp the jar onto white with versamark and emboss in white or clear. Diecut it out.  Stamp some stems in Limeade.  Stamp some flowers with Pacific Blue pad then use a Night of Navy marker to color in some of the flowers to accent.  Do this 4-5 times on the base card where you want the flowers to go and then 3 more times on a scrap piece of white CS.  Cut out the white ones and mount with dimensionals.  Stamp the sentiment from Lovely Little Labels with navy pad.
Punch it out.  Wrap linen thread around the jar and then tie off.  Mount the little sentiment with dimensionals to make it look like a tag.  I just fried up some green tomatoes that one of my friends gave me and it tastes just like autumn.  Enjoy!



No comments: