Sunday, May 6, 2012

Birthday Cards for triplets


There are a bunch of twins and a set of triplets in my kids' class and we were invited to a birthday party celebrating their birthday.  I wanted to make sure I wanted to make a card that was different for each of them but did not want to have to come up with  all different designs.  I thought doing their names would be fun so these are my cards for them.

Took a base card in Wisteria, real red and melon mambo and added a whisper white layer and stamped it with the flourish from Everything Eleanor in Lucky Limeade.  Stamped the Boho Blossoms from the Language of Friendship stampset in melon on regal rose and and then razzleberry on Melon mambo CS- punched it out (I tell you these Stampin Up folk coordinating everything--- I JUST LOVE THAT!)  I used dimensionals to raise each layer up and added a rhinestone jewel in the center of each.  Diecut the names using different CS using the Timeless Type Junior (Soon to retire- I am so sad, it was one of my favorite fonts and perfect size for cardmaking...) , added a little strip of jewels on the first initial and easy cards that looks special.  This would be a really easy card if you are using 3 initials of a person and making a bunch of it.  The longest it took for me was diecutting the individual letters for each girl....

1 comment:

Kathynruss said...

Great idea for triplets. Acknowledges their status with three similar cards, but also grants their individual identities with the their own names on their own card. Great design, too.