Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easter Blossom Kimono


One of the reasons I wanted the Easter blossom set was because I wanted to do this. I have a few other ideas how to use this set still, all very Asian I am afraid.

I die cut the kimono and used my airbrush to color it in -using Cop*cs markers R20 and 24 onto SU shimmer CS to make a grade which is really pretty in person. Stamped the Easter blossom with black and used markers to color it in but decided it was too dark so used a Stazon white marker to color the flowers to make it pop out. I also used my Gold Lame Smooch-it looks like nailpolish but has a fine point foam tip that allows for great control without any mess. all my smooch are now sitting on my valuable desktop space- I used it over the collar area and used it to go over the branches and edges of the kimono to add that subtle shine. I used the square lattice EF for emboss just the half of the whisper white CS. Layere it over poppy CS. I attached the kimono using dimensionals and a teensy strip I had left over of a yuzen chiogami that kind of went with it. clean and simple!


Happy weekend!


Lynda

3 comments:

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card!

Marie-Anne

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is a lovely card. Thank you for sharing your details with us. Clean and simple yet absolutely perfect!

Becky, Fresno, CA

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Gorgeous Lynda! Now I just have to figure out a good template for the Kimono. I love kimono's and thought about this myself when this stamp set came out. Thanks for the push.