Monday, March 14, 2011

Cupcake gumball machine


My friend Mercedes is so creative- when she came up with the gumball machine using the cupcake punch, we all knew we would have to case it and here it is- Take a 12x12 Melon Mambo textured CS and cut it into 6 inch squares to make 3x6 cards. I took a 1x6 strip of Ice Cream parlor DSP from sale-a-bration and used the scallop border on daffodil paper on both sides to make the strip to accent.
The white CS is diecut with scallop rectangle clearlet and the rectangle is cut in crumbcake. The gumball machine is melon mambo as well. The top of the machine is punched using the top of the cupcake cut in one piece using a 1/2 inch strip of melon I slipped into the punch to just punch the top part. The 1 1/4 inch circle punch in white- I think I ruined it trying to punch the clear plastic to put over the top, heh heh- I told my friends at the workshop to use the white circle to scissor cut the clear plastic and it worked better- oh well. The gumballs were punched using turquise, pacific blue, old olive, pumpkin pie and daffodil- mostly from little scraps of paper that I had been saving for just this occasion. The silver paper is punched using the small oval with a silver brad on top. The whole thing is mounted with dimensionals and it is so sweet- literally!


I tried to put a sentiment on the top onto the daffodil strip and bunch of other ways but I liked it without the sentiment on top - so I took a 1/2 strip of white I had left over, cut the corners like a banner and stamped the sentiment and stuck it inside and I like it a lot better. Wishing you a wonderful day!
Lynda

No comments: