Monday, December 13, 2010

One Layer Holiday Cards


I was thinking about creating some simple one layer holiday cards and this is one I started to play with at my last workshop. I still love the Lovely as a tree set but wanted to make it more winter snow covered scene. I ripped a piece of paper to make the snow covered ground and stamped the image using versamark on top of it so that the bottom part of the stamp would be hidden by the "snow". It was stamped onto whisper white CS and embossed with clear embossing powder (but you could also use white if that's what you have) . I then sponged bashful blue- I think it had some celery in it from an old project so it had bluish green hues which was actually quite pretty.
I took sentiment Peace on Earth from Four the Holidays set and embossed with versamark with iridescent ice EP to make a simple wintery card. You could add a little gliter along the snow with 2 way glue pen if you want. Hope your day warms up!
Lynda


4 comments:

iriseyes said...

Lynda, what a beautiful card! Very elegant - I adore Lovely as a Tree for Christmas cards. Your work is amazing, I have just discovered your Blog and will be a frequent visitor! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful.

Chris said...

Gorgeous, I love it! My brothers birthday is in January and I think I'll CASE this for him.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely!!!!

Cheers,
Sharon
(in Australia)