Tuesday, October 5, 2010


This has been a life changing month for me. I closed my office of 17 years, had my partner retire, and started a new job. My youngest twins started kindergarten and with them in school most of the days I let my nanny of 9 years go too. She was more than a nanny, with me working all those hours she was their surrogate mom. I know for one of my twins, who was really attached to her, this si going to be really traumatic.
This is the card I made for her to say what I could not say in words. She has alway liked my flower cards so I hoped she would like this.
It is a big card 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 - half sheet not quarter like I normally make. The base is whisper white with a large pear pizazz sheet that I embossed twice with the elegant lines embossing folder.
There were some extra lines that got impressed using the folder twice but
I tried to put the center panel to hide most of the unsightly lines behind it so it worked out fine. I added the pumpkin and the daffodil 1/8 ribbon and used a corduroy button to anchor it but it was too plain so I added a flower brad- cut off the legs and glued it on and added a small pearl in the center and it was kind of pretty.
I also added some extra pearls here and there to add some sparkle on the embossed area where the circles fell.

The flowers are larkspur from the year of flower series from PTI, colored in cop*cs. I stamped extra pieces so I can color and pop them out. as you see here



The sentiment is from spiral bouquet stamped in black and I added a tiny pearl where the i was dotted- it was perfect size!
The whole family and the kids signed it on the inside with a special sentiment. I hope she liked it.
Lynda

1 comment:

Margery C said...

It's a beautiful card. Lupe is going to love it!