Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bells and Boughs with gold waffle paper



This is a case from Iliana Crouse. I had this for my workshop and it was darling. I am planning on doing this for my demonstrator swap later this week. Looks hard- but NOT. It did take a while to color everything in. Base card is real red.
The whisper white was stamped with christmas collage with black Stazon then colored in with red, artichoke, garden green and old olive watercolor crayons using the aqua painter.
I added a piece of garden gren to balance the card because the christmas collage in this direction did not go all the way across the card.



The accent piece is a shimmer paper circle then I tacked a whole bunch of tape behind and put gold waffle paper strip around it. In this one I cut out another piece of white, stamped the bells and colored it in with watercolor crayons again but it was so much work so that I will make it in the future with the bells just stamped onto the shimmer paper circle itself. It looks just as pretty.

I edged the white piece with another strip of gold waffle paper. The transition looked a little funny so I ran a piece of 1/8 inch taffeta but that looked lonely too. I took a bow made on its own and stuck it on the side with a glue dot and it made it look more complete. (and I alos like that my ribbon is not twisted - the way it would be if I tied the ribbon on the card itself.
See? looks hard but not really.
Love that big collage stamp. I'll work on more variations of the stamp as we draw near Christmas.
Lynda

1 comment:

VanessaB said...

beautiful! i have some of the black/brown waffle paper on order- i'm looking forward to playing with it. love your work!