Monday, September 27, 2010

Sick Owl




Hi, everyone! BLT left me a comment that she wanted a sympathy owl and I had been thinking about it anyway so I thought I would show what I came up with. Yes, I read every comment and really appreciate the love that people have left me- I am addicted to you!

This is also for the CAS86 cookiebacker sketch and CC290 color challenge with basic grey, rose red and daffodil delight as well on splitcoast.

The base card is Basic grey with white layered on top. A put a layer or daffodil with a strip of white on top with gell well sentiment from teeny tiny wishes set.

The inset is made with bashful blue base and the bed is my MS halloween fence punch that I cut out all the bats and doodads to make it look like a bed.

The owl was punched in basic grey textured. I also punched 2 wings from the bird punch and wrapped one of the wings with whisper white I sponged with daffodil to make it look for like gauge. I gave him a black eye by making one of his eyes a different color and cut out a blanket and hotwater bottle out of rose red DSP retired- the blanket, the hot water bottle and the bottle cap was freehand cut. I did prop the arm, the waterbottle with dimensionals. Doesn't the daffodil eye make him look absolutely jaundiced? heh heh- I think I should have given him a pillow now that I am looking at it- I will have to take this apart and add that on- Yes I do stuff like that a lot!

I have more owl creations that I've been working on to show you this coming week. Some of my stamping girlfriends have planned a really fun blog hop and I will be revealing some of my new Holiday owl creations on October 1st in celebration of my new work starting and the blog hop to kick in the holidays- it should be a blast and I hope you join us in on the fun and do some blog hopping!

Lynda






5 comments:

Cindy Adachi said...

You are so very talented!!
I love your owls.

Kim said...

so cute! This will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS

Mary said...

Your owl card is adorable! You need to stop posting pictures of adorable owl cards or I will buy that punch!

Lynda said...

Hi, Mary!

one advice- just give it up and get it!

Enabling all my stamping friends,
Lynda

Makani said...

You made my day! And secretly I think you chose the left foot 'cause of me! Love you!