Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yummy recycled card


Challenges for this week's CAS82 is Delicious and CC286 is mustard mambo breeze. I was not sure how I felt about it but it is somehow really appealing when you put it all together. TLC288 is also using recycled cardboard and putting it altogether this is what I made. I love getting packages and ripping it all up to reveal what is inside and this is how I wanted people to feel.

Base card is melon mambo with another layer of baja breeze. A layer of black with birthday bakery (hostess set) embossed in white. I wanted to use the bleach technique but it must have lost its potency because it would not work- I have to remember to put a air tight seal on it next time I buy one of those to prevent the molecules escaping deeming it impotent!- so I used my old creative memories pens and white and mustard liquid applique as well as my pure color pencils (retire SU- for the chocolate part) and they all worked like a charm. I then layered a layer from a cardboard box I just got my SU order in, wrapped a mustard 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon. I punched baja breeze using the new Decorative label punch (from the holiday mini) then layered a scallop oval I stamped wtih sentiment from Yummy- a sale-a-bration set I earned a while back- using melon and baja breeze- onto white CS. I put a little bling on the corners and on one of the litle cakes and a real simple card that I thought was really darling!

Enjoy!
Lynda

No comments: