Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Patti Lee and her amazing creations



I am fortunate to be in a group of demonstrators with amazing stamping talent. One of my sidelines Elizabeth Price just received the artisan award for this year and we have know for years how talented she really is- Another real gem is Patti Lee. She is here on the left with Deidre, my surrogate sister stamper on the right from a recent demonstrator get together. Are they not the cutest? She has the most amazing creations and she is my inspiration for all things Asian. I don't know where she finds some of the things she does but I have found wonderful little asian stamps and companies from her work she has done in the past before Stampin Up put a moratorium on promotoing other company products- but she will email you info about the things she uses if you ask her- she is just that sweet. This is one of the projects she created that I recreated for my workshops- which I loved- it just takes 3 1/2 inch x 6 1/2 piece of designer paper and a 8 1/2 by 5/8 inch strip for the handle and 2 pieces of 1 x 2 3/4 strips for the sides. I had to change the instructions a bit to make it work for the my workshop but still really darling. The flower is made from floral fusion and teh leaves from little leaves sizzlets dies.
Added a piece of silver brad in teh center and a peice of velcro in the center for closure and a darling little bag that fits bunch of kisses or nuggets. You can easily make 4 bags out of 1 piece of 8 1/2x 11 DSP and 1/2 sheet of a coordinating solid color. Cute and economical- what a combo! Love that newsprint DSP- used it all up for this project at my workshop so will have to order some more!
Thanks for sharing Patti!
Lynda

No comments: