Thursday, August 19, 2010

Good By to Summer Mini


August is coming to a close soon and I am sad that the summer mini- I think it was my favorite so far is coming to a close. I really love the sweet scoops, watercolor trio and blissful bride sets and would be really sad to see them retire.
So to celebrate these beautiful sets, I thought I would show you more ways that you can use them.
This is a card I made for the SCS cc284 (cherry, artichoke and pretty in pink color challenge) and SC294 challenge with sketch seen here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-sketches-f41/sketch-challenge-294-08-18-10-a-t502971.html
The base card is pretty in pink with whisper white embossed with elegant lines embossing folder- it goes just perfectly with this stampset don't you think? then another layer of pink, then cherry on top then a strip of my sadly retired Sending Love DSP (I am using every inch of this paper until you bring it back, Stampin' Up!). I stamped the image in black, sentiment in cherry and colored the ribbon part and a little bit of the skirt with pretty in pink then put 2 way glue to adhere the dazzling diamonds on. Added the pearls- I swear I am using pearls and crystals on EVERY CARD! I can't get enough. I pinked the bottom with the pinking hearts border punch and put a teensy strip of cherry to make the hearts pop out a bit. The whole thing was set off with dimensionals to have it sit a bit up which looked nicer. I diecut little leaves in artichoke and the flower punched with a retired SU punch in white, cherry and a little piece of sending love paper added a pearl in the center and -seriously a 10 minute card. Thank you splitcoast for your wonderful inspirations and challenges. It forces me to do things and with these restrictions, I find that I can make cards faster actually then if I was doing it from scratch.
Thanks for looking!
Lynda