Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SCS Color Challenge -Marina Mist, Cherry cobbler and Wild Wasabi


The SCS color challenge this week was the new colors from Stampin Up- wild wasabi, cherry cobbler and marina mist. Extra bonus if you make it a boy themed card. I have been hoarding a bunch of Billy stamps from Pink Cat Stud*os because I just love Billy - being mother of 3 wild boys, just can't help it!- and I had to use it for this card.
Base card is Cherry cobbler - ran it through my big shot using the bubbles embossing folder from Cuttleb*g. A strip of wild wasabi with background from Frog Billy. Stamped Frog Billy in mement* black tuxedo and colored it in with my Cop*cs that match the colors from SU. Used the colorless to create stripes after coloring to create a little extra texture. Hoppy birthday from the same set colored with whatelse but cherry cobbler and wild wasabi markers, punched out with large oval punch and accented with wild wasabi in scallop oval mounted with dimensionals.
I am really pressed for time these days and have vowed that the cards I try to make must not take more than 10 minutes real time once I sketch it out in my head or paper. I hope this works for you. It's a simple sketch that could be used for any single large image and small sentiment. Thanks for looking! Lynda

No comments: