Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Tropical View


I immediately thought of this idea when I saw this set. I was trying to figure out how to do it.
Now I will let you into the twisted inner workings of my mind. I doodle a lot and I mean a LOT. I think of all different cards I want to make- I probably have enought sketches to make a different card for all the rest of my life with cards. Same with my quilts but alas - there never seems to be enough time to do it all. The ice cream card that I made earlier this week was sketched out here on the right side side top as you can see and hard to make out but this card on the left bottom- although hard to make out.
No one else can read this sketch page as messy as it is but it makes sense to me.


These are some of the templates I made from old x-rays that were being discarded to make the card. It is 1 1/4 inch circle punched out for the sun. You should save the negative as well as the positive template.

This is the template for the beach outline. I sketched it out with crayon over the card so I could get the right proportion to the A2 cards that I normally make.


This is a mountain template I made - both positive and negative will be needed so save both.





I used the template to sponge or dauber the colors using classic inkpad in caramel for the sand, pacific blue for the water and bashful blue for the sky. soft suede for the hills and summer sun - yeh, well, for the sun- and artichoke for the trees and leaves outside my window. a little touch of pumpkin for the sunset.
The crowning glory is using the white signo gel pen to edge the water to make the edges of the wave more natural- just squiggle it back and forth horizontally as shown.
I am not sure how I like it right now - I think it needs some refining but I like the layout. I need little footprints in the sand or little beach chair facing the ocean or a little hammock. Maybe a sailboat in a silhouette would be cool too- now I have to look for those images- maybe Stampin Up is listening?
Lynda



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi lynda! beatiful card... i love the xray templates u made as well... u r sooo creative!!!