Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy 4th - a little early



I wanted some fireworks stamps and voila! the summer mini had the exact thing I was looking for. I wanted it to look like fireworks in the middle of the night so I used night of navy for the base, stamped the fireworks with versamark and embossed it in silver EP then the stars using the iridescent ice to give it an extra sparkle. I debated putting lines using the signo gel pen to look like they were being fired from the ground but it looked too busy so I left it out. I rolled the wheel onto whisper white using real red ink then wrapped the ribbon aound the left and brought the back one to the front using a hole I punched for the brad then used the brad "legs"to hold the ribbon in place and opened it in the inside to secure it. Stamped the star in night of navy to match then punched it out using the star punch- Yes! that is why I love this company! everything goes together!

The picture does not show it but the 2 arms of the ribbon are cut at an angle and left out. The star brads on the retired accessory list and is on sale for this month until it runs out so get it if you need it now.


Lynda

***********
stampset: Motorcycle 117657 $11.95 woodmounted (summer mini)
paper: real red 102482 $5.50; Basic gray 108692 $7.50; whisper white 100730; brushed silver 100712
ink: basic Gray 109120; basic black pad 101179; real red marker 101179
accessories: Uni-ballSigno Gel Pen 105021 $3.95; sponge dauber 102892; perfect detail texturz plate; extra large double cogs punch 118873 (summer mini) bMy way punch 110709; 1/4 inch circle punch retired SU-

No comments: