Sunday, May 23, 2010

Decor Stenciled Card


This is another variation on the stencil class I did earlier this month with the colors from the color challege from Splitcoast CC271 using Razzleberry, Dusty durango and so saffron with a neutral and extra using stencils- I thought this fit the bill perfect



I hope you all know that Stampin Up has a whole line of stencils for home decor but they also have small ones that I just adore that I use for cardmaking of course. I am using the Mostly Vintage stencil from the summer mini here- it comes in a set of 2 and it makes such easy card.
.



I like to store my stencils in the clear mount cases between tissue paper that it comes with so that they stay flat and undistorted. One of my mostly vintage stencil does not fit inside so I have to keep that in a folder with a chip board that it came with but I likethis method- You think SU will come out with a larger version of this box for stencil storage?
I wrote "top" with my sharpie so I would know which side had the ink on it as I stenciled so the next card would not get messed up- After I was done with the class I just rinse it off under the faucet and good as new!

I wanted to add a little extra in the corner so I took the second stencil and used the razzleberry ink to sponge onto the base razzleberry card.







This is what it looks like after you stencil.






I then took a piece of Presto Patterns specialty paper to stencil the dusty durango as shown. The words just pop up and is so pretty. I just smudged the edges to soften it up a bit.











This is what it looks like after the first stencil.






Then the second stencil is put on top but slightly off center and sponged again.















And this is the final card, with a clear rhinestone brad in the center, layered in so saffron, dusty durango onto a razzleberry cs. The sentiment is stamped in razzleberry and punched out with a large oval and attached using a dimensional.

My veteran stampers and beginners all thought this was fun to do- I hope you do too.
Lynda


***********
stampset: Watercolor trio 117050 $22.95 woodmounted / 120084 $16.95 clearmoun
paper: Presto Patterns DSP $11.95 for 12 12x12" sheets
so saffron 105118 $5.50
Dusty Durango 115321 $5.50
Rich Razzleberry 115316 $5.50
ink: Dusty Durango classic ink pad 115654 $5.95
Rich Razzleberry 115658 $5.95
accessories: Mostly Vintage Decor Stencils 118877 $9.95
sponge 101610 $3.50 for pack of three
large oval punch 107305 $15.95
Clear rhinestone brads 113144 $10.95 for 84 brads in 3 sizes.











No comments: