Monday, February 8, 2010

No Candy Valentine Day Treats

I saw this idea at Mish Mash's blog here http://michellewooderson.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-sheet-wonder-valentine-bookmarks.html . She pieced the paper together with a variety of papers but then I saw this double sided MS paper from M*chael's and figured it would be an easy way to make the bookmark sans piecing. I cut the 12x12 paper into 2inches strips by about 6 inches. Knowing I had to make 50 of these, I loved this idea. Especially the non-candy route that the school are going this seemed like a fun idea.

I had gotten the pencils from OTC for this purpose and the ribbon I found at M*chael's and it called out to me. Isn't it just perfect?







I stamped Tiny Treats Valentine from PTI in black inside a circle border stamped in red from Take Note and colored in the image with Cop*cs and punched it out with a circle punch. the sentiment was punched with word window from Stampin Up.
I stamped Happy Valentine's in the back and had each of the kids pick the image and message and glue it on and sign the back.
I laminated the bookcard using Xyr*n and punched the hole with a horizontal slot punch then tied on the ribbon. I wanted to be pencils to be taped on but not mar the bookmark so I used painter's tape (my DH tells me that there is some fluorescent green that we could have used but oh well,,,)



So here are a variety of bookmarks and pencils I made for the kids- (I ran out of the striped papers so there were some polka dot paper with hearts on the back)-and of course Dylan only wanted the doggie ones.......
Lynda

No comments: