Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love Bandit Valentine Box


I am looking to make some valentine gifts for my kids and I think this is a contender. I used the Matchbox die from Stampin' Up to die cut the bos base and the wrap around but instead of having it open like a match box, I had it open like a cigar box.
This set is so stinkin' cute I can't stand it. I stamped the raccoon in black stazon, colored in with bordering blue and real red markers and punched it out with heart punch. I wrapped the double stitched ribbon around the lid so that the cut end would end up under the heart embellishment.
I took regal rose CS and used Embosslits Heart of hearts here http://204.228.150.61/catalogs/20091231/OccasionsMini10_CA.pdf to run it through my big shot to get the cutest embossed heart die cut that creates the smallest scallop around the heart punch ( although you can' t see the little hearts embossed in the center of the scalloped heart, believe me it is just darling!)
I separated the sentiment from the raccoon image to stamp the words onto white CS and punched it out with word window punch and put it inside.
The box fits 2-3 of these Ghiradelli chocolate squares or 4 Hershey's nuggets perfectly if you can keep the kid's from sneaking them.

Instead of wrapping the covers and taping it down on the side, the sides are taped onto the box base on three sides. I used a corner rounder to make it easier to slide it in the box. I think I could do 50 of these......maybe.

No comments: