Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Technique- Shadow effect


We made this card at one of my workshops- It is adapted from a card I made at one of my Stamp and Chats with other demos- I just can't remember who to give credit- The original used the walk in the park designer paper and Baja Blue CS split down the middle and I really like that but
changed up everything else because I wanted to showcase the Eight Great Greeting stampset and the shadow technique.
Stamp leaf from Great Friend with versamark on the base Baja Blue card. Round off the endges. Run white taffeta ribbon around the card and adhere to the front where it will be hidden by the central image. Stamp the image in Baja Blue using the stamp positioner- Usually I eyeball everything but this is one time that this thing really is important to use- Offset the image some depending on how much offset you want and stamp using the white craft ink to creat the shadow. Edges were pierced, corners rounded and mounted on white and then black CS. Stamp the word from Define your Life using basic black marker, then punch with the round tab punch. Any solid image especially silhouette images works well for this technique. Try it out!

No comments: