Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Weekend




I have this little weakness for stamps that depict real life things- toasters, coffeecups, ipod, and that includes tools. I saw this set and HAD TO HAVE IT. I've been playing around with it with a toolbelt idea for awhile and saw this card on SU website- sorry demos only!- and thought it was just perfect for my father's day card - but you could make it as a thank you for any handyman in your life- so I CASE'd it for my stamping workshop last night and it turned out really cute.
I separated the Totally tool set words from the images and I even split some of the sayings to make it a little more versatile for me. The tools are stamped on whisper white in basic black, colored with markers, basic gray, rose red, pumpkin, and mustard and cut out. The tool belt is more mustard CS, 1/2 in strip across the top and 2 1/2x 3 1/2 for the main part- the pocket is the small tag punched upside down. Sponge the edges, then mark it up with white gel pen to make faux stitches then add the 1/4 mustard grosgrain. I used skinny slices of the sticky strip maybe 1/16 inch wide intermittently and use my paper piercing tool to hold up the ribbon so I could stick it down intermittently to make the loops and taped it down under the pocket. Added the silver brads and the tools, lifting them up with the dimensionals cut in half so they would not show. Embossed the words inside and out with white embossing powder - inside sentiment from the All Holidays set.
Have a nice weekend!

No comments: