Tuesday, June 9, 2009

End of Year Tacher Gifts


I love to make handmade gifts for the teachers at school. I still participate in all the class gifts that the parents all chip into but I still want to express a special thank you for all that they do with such limited resources. I got these lunchpail tins from Oriental Trading- they are pretty roomy and can fit a lot more cards than some of the other brands but you have to be careful, they are not well packed and sometimes the closure mechanism have fallen off when I receive it- although they did promptly replace it when I called- so I covered them with designer paper and filled them with a selection of handmade cards.
This one is for one of the teachers whose favorite color is purple. I looked all year for some pretty paper and auditioned many but no avail. I did not like ANY of them. But I found this last week and just loved this print and it had a periwinkle base which I hope she will like. It is so sweet. Celery Grosgrain Ribbon from SU and the bling from Martha Stewart.


I made the divider inserts. This paper is Penny Lane from My Minds Eye. Really sturdy double sided CS.
labels punched with Stampin Up punch and stamped with everyday favorite sentiment and then the whole thing laminated wtih xyron to make it a little more sturdy for long term use.


Tyler had 2 teachers job sharing so I had to make two this year.

This one is Girl Friday line from Cosmo Cricket- one of my favorites from this season. Ribbon from SU striped grosgrain.

Inserts inside.
I fill it with a selection of hand made cards and envelopes they can use to send out the cards. It really is a gift that keeps giving..... I hope they like it.
Lynda



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a terrific job on this tins - gotta try them too.

Juanita B said...

What a paragon of workwomanship, fabulous job!! TFS.