Friday, March 27, 2009

Cat's Pajamas- spring clearly swanky cards

Cat's Pajamas is another one of my favorite stamping companies- How can you resist the clearly swanky stamps that they just put out for the spring?

They also have a great deal on the 3 new stampsets right now- get 3 for the price of 2- as the kitty kat pak- find it here: http://thecatspajamasrs.com/Products.htm
They were recently at a show but I could not go as I was giving a talk on osteoporosis- one of my passion topics- for a local nonprofit group, so my dear friend Makani picked these up for me and I am in love. Are these not the cutest penguins- reminds me of my 3 mischievous rascals at home. They were colored with copics on whisper white after stamping with memento tuxedo black ink. the greeting was stamped in real red onto whisper white then die cut with spellbinder label die and attached with stampin' dimensionals. The DD papers are from making memories on bashful blue cardstock base and wrapped with tangerine tango striped grosgrain.


I really like simple cards on really sturdy base cardstock- this is PTI's 110# cardstock folded into A2 card size, impressed with spellbinders classic rectangle die using my beloved Big Shot and the silicone pad- I just LOVE how the formula is written up on the mutipurpose platform so I am no longer looking for that little piece of paper with all the layering instructions like I used to with the cuttlebug- that alone makes this machine worthwhile!

Stamped again in memento tuxedo black and colored wtih my small selection of copics. This is part of your belated birthday present Makani!


This is how the colors look upclose. The dress looks polka dotted where I used the blender pen to pick up the colors to lighten it and add a little texture.

I just think this is so sweet..... makes me smile inside.













This is another image from the same set that I just adore. Again with memento tuxedo black and copics- same technique for the center of the flower. Happy and spring in sentiment using SU markers- pixie pink and green galore and flower brad from SU- center colored with a brown copic.

It finally feels like spring here!

Lynda :-)

1 comment:

Marisa said...

You're good at coloring with the Copics!