Monday, March 23, 2009

Cake pop up Die- Max's Birthday Card

I got the brand new cake pop up die from SU.
It is a brand new release from Sizzix and exclusive to SU for right now. As someone who is just crazy about pop ups, this is a must have. I already made birthday cards for several people - I will post theirs as soon as I believe they have received it.....

For Max's 4th birthday, my son Tyler made the cover - writing in white Sharpie marker on night of navy cardstock base.

The theme of the party was space. His mom made the most adorable invitation card ever using the viewmaster card idea with the rocket from pun fun stampset and the wheel, when turned showed the earth, the sun, stars and moon. It was a definite WOW card.

The inside of the birthday card has the cake die pop up using whisper white CS for cake layers and the
Delicate Dots Designer Paper for the layers. The cake top was stamped with happy birthday and his name using the Papertrey -It's a celebration set and simple alphabet.




I stamped the rocket image on bashful blue in black and highlighted parts with the white sharpie and glue dotted it onto the card.

All my boys signed it even Dylan- I can see that he is coming along and can see that he is proud that he can sign his own name now- He wanted to make the N really big- he said.

The die comes with instructions on how to put it together and having done a bunch of pop ups I know how difficult it is to do one of these- my Christmas card was 8/10 - this would be 2/10. It comes with all the pieces all cut and scored and hole placed in all the right places- I LOVE IT! I will show you more samples using this die- weddings, birthdays- any kind of celebration would be perfectly appropriate.

Happy Spring!

Lynda

No comments: