Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bookmark Card- how to thread a bead onto taffeta ribbon


I thought I had posted this but I guess I hadn't so here it is.
This is an adaptation from a bookmark card I received from my upline Tami for meeting my goals for the month. It uses the vanilla hodgepodge hardware. She used the crystal effects on top but you know me, no patience to let it dry, so I punchedout a window sheet using designer label punch for the top layer then another using the DD paper - here Bella Rose, stamped the initial L from Lovely Letters- M and W are hard to fit unless you do it sideways- FYI.
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Leave a tail long enough on the vanilla taffeta ribbon to put in a book and hang out the bottom. I think I made mine almost 18 inches so it would have enough room for the bead at the end and the loop around the bookmark in the front so it would fit in a book even if it was 11 inches long.
Trick to beading onto the taffeta ribbon, you hae to make a needle from the ribbon by cutting it like this- a long needle and a taper.



Needle the bead and pull it through and knot the end to secure it. I thought it was a nice touch.
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x


The word window punch secured on both ends with the mini glue dots to secure the bookmark to the card and the Friendly words wheel on chocolate brown cardstock embossed in clear for a subtle effect.
Choose your words inside for the occasion. Card and gift in one!
Enjoy.
Lynda








































No comments: