Friday, January 23, 2009

Valentine favors

This is the favors I am making for my kids' Valentine treats for their classmates- again the no candy theme. This is a template I use often- I made one like this last year too for them. People have asked me what the dimensions are for this but depending on the size of the image you want to use and the treat you want to put in the spine, the dimensions change. So I will give you the how to depending on what you are using.

I try to be conscious of efficient paper use so the dimensions of these are all 8 1/2 by whatever height you want- here I am using 3 5/8 or so because that is about 1/3 of 11 so I get 3 pieces out of 1 sheet of cardstock.

The formula is that you take the width of whatever you want to put in the spine of the card and score 1/2 that width from the center of the card to the left and 1/2 that to the right and then the another full width to the right again.

The pencils are about 3/8 inch width so score at 4 1/16, 4 7/16, then at 4 13/16.


For the sweet tart treat and lip balm treat, it was about 1/2 inch so score at 4, 4 1/2, then at 5 or so.
The sweet tarts are a little skinner so you may have to tape the candy in but I don't want to confuse people with all these tiny score adjustmens.

This is what it looks like with the sweet tarts.



Here is a variation with a different color combo that I did for my class the other night with a lip balm in it.




This is what it looks like in the spine.




How to:
Stamp the image in black then watercolor crayon the image. The whisper white CS is 2 1/2x 3.



Score the cardstock depending on the item you are trying to give. Use the horizontal slot punch to make the holes. The top and bottom will be valley folded and the center mountain folded to hold the treat.



This is what it should look like with a pencil .

Finished product with image mounted on a pirouette pink CS 2 3/4 x 3 1/4" and edge trimmed with the scallop edge punch. I put a strip of pirouette pink on the back inside to show off the scallop more-see the first image- hard to see here though.
Happy heart day!
Lynda











No comments: