Saturday, October 18, 2008

Twins' Birthday


My little guys are turning 4 and we are having a birthday party with everyone in their preschool invited. Of course you can't have 2 invitations for one party but Kyle wanted a race car and Dylan wanted a dog on the card so this was the compromise- the dog driving the racecar!
The twins are offered the same food and environment and parents yet they can't be more different; the older I get more convinced I am about about nature being more determinant of who we are than nurture.
This is the invitation and Crayola Crayon favors I made for the party- It's at Gymboree and we got their favor bags but I wanted something a little extra with the theme of the party.


The car is from Start your engines clear stampset from Boxer Scrapbook. The little dog is from Dog and Pony show from Technique Tuesday- I couldn't find a dog that fit inside the car and my DH says " I can't believe with the thousands of stamps you have you don't have a dog that fits in there"- well spoken. Dylan picked a big dog out from a set and little did I realize it came with a tiny version of the same- thank you Technique Tuesday! Alphabet for invitation from Hero arts- for favor from simple alphabet from Papertrey Ink. Other words from various CTMH sets- Exhaust Fire from tatoo set from Technique Tuesday also. Paper from Harley Davidson from EK success- I bought a whole mess of these at Michaels when they were on sale- I figured with 3 boys who all love hotwheels I'd get plenty of use out of it. I tied a black ribbon with a white stitching down the middle that looks like a road below the car but took a picture of this one by mistake- too late for another picture so you'll have to imagine it -
Happy Weekend!
Lynda

No comments: