Saturday, September 27, 2008

Under the Stars Viewmaster Card

I had my little stamping group make this viewmaster card and every one thought it was cute so

here is the how to:


Take a Cardstock 11x 6 inches and score along the long edge at 3 and 7 1/2 inches. In the center of the middle panel punch out a 1 3/8 circle about 3/4 inch down from the top as shown. It is easier to make a template lilke this and pencil in the circle and the word window onto the real card so less chance of screwing up- Ask me how I know this.



then fold over the right side and punch out the word window about 1 1/2 inch from the top but ONLY HALF WAY as shown!

Cut out large scallop circle from whisper white CS- (I LOVE this die!- I will never have to buy another scallop circle card) Find the center of the scallop and pierce a hole for the brad.
A Good Thing as Martha would say- but since I alway keep this on my desk, I stick the tip in this little cork piece I found to keep the sharp edges away from my toes - when it seems to roll off the desk.
do a trial run as to where the wheel will fit in the card base.
poke a hole into the cardbase as shown from the middle of your scallop- on my card it was about 2 1/2 inch from the top and 1 3/8 inch from the left side edge from the picture shown-
punch out a 1 3/8 circle FIRST from contrasting card stock- here I used kiwi- then punch out a scallop to decorate the circle in front and glue down.



Stamp images as desired- Here I used under the stars in Black- set it and colored in with watercolor crayons- for the tangerine cardfront- I used the watercolor crayon directly on the image then blended it in with aqua painter to get a denser color-


Any stamps with couple of different images that you can wheel around would be cute here- I will show you a sea life variation I got from Mercedes Weber - another talented stamper from my local stamping group later!
Flip card over, place brad through the center of the wheel then through the back of the card- place a sticky strip on the outside edge and glue down.

details of my scallop wheel



deetails of turned image.

My 7 year old's school teacher liked this idea so she asked to use the idea for the apple life cycle card for the class- it showed life of an apple tree from seed to apples-that the kids drew in the pictures- Alll I had to do was cut out the scallops and the card front only! so sweet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will definitely try this card soon and let you know how I did. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing.